Enjoy a steady supply of clean energy with Silfab solar panels, designed specifically for North American homeowners.
North American Made Panels
Silfab Solar is America’s choice for premium, quality, durable, high-performance solar panels. Made for the North American market means quality you can trust and customer service you can count on.
Why Silfab Solar?
Performance and Beauty
With premium quality materials, strict quality controls at our fully automated, ISO certified manufacturing facilities, and a panel design engineered specifically for the North American climate, our solar panels perform as beautifully as they look. Premium-quality cells, durable black frames and a black backsheet create a sleek and sophisticated aesthetic that will complement any home.
40 Years of Solar Experience
Our founders have extensive international experience, knowledge and partnerships within the solar industry which offers a key advantage for our North American team in terms of product innovation and leading-edge solar manufacturing technologies.
Local Operations and Customer Support
We’re a passionate team, proud to be at the forefront of technology and manufacturing innovation that leads to reducing carbon emissions. Our 800+ team is here to provide local expertise and renowned customer service.
Our warranty is the industry’s most trusted
Silfab Solar offers our superior industry-leading 25-year workmanship and 30-year performance warranty on all our residential solar panels, giving homeowners and installers unparalleled coverage and peace of mind.
How Do Solar Panels Work?
- Sunlight & Solar Panels: Light photons from the sun are absorbed by the solar panels on your roof, which generates a direct current known as DC power.
- Inverter: The inverter converts DC power (electricity) from the solar array to alternative current (AC) electricity which can now be used to power your home and appliances.
- Electric Box: The inverter feeds electricity into the electrical distribution system which can now be used to power your home and appliances.
- Meter: The meter keeps track of both the energy imported from and exported to the grid. Any excess solar power above your current use, and battery storage if installed, is exported to the grid. Depending upon your location your power provider may compensate you for the energy exported from your system to the grid. Please check with your local power provider for details of your current interconnection program.
- Utility Grid: Your home remains connected to the utility grid to supply you with electricity when you need more power than your system is producing.
Calculate your solar and energy bill savings based on your location, roof, energy rates and offers in your area.
We chose Silfab Solar panels due to their excellent warranty, their low defect rates and the fact that they are made in the USA and Canada.
GD & DD Conway
These panels are North American made and are of Tier 1 quality. I am enjoying the steady supply of clean energy I receive every day!
I was going to go with another panel provider however, when I saw the specifications, the warranty and cost savings I could get from going with Silfab Solar, it was an obvious choice.
Homeowner, Arizona, USA
Silfab Solar panels have been in the industry for more than 35 years. They are the leading automated solar module manufacturer in North America and offer a great warranty. The panels are premium quality and look fantastic on my roof!
I’ve completed a lot of research on these panels. They are extremely durable and efficient, which were the most important qualities to me when I was looking for a panel provider. I am happy I went with Silfab Solar.
I feel good knowing my panels are assembled in North America and offer great performance with local support to answer any of my questions.
Very nice fit and finish. The panels are entirely black with black frames. They disappear right into my roof. The additional 25-year warranty and 30-year performance warranty support is excellent.
- Where can your panels be installed?
In many situations residential installs are done on your roof but ground-mounted systems are also common. Silfab panels can be utilized in either application. Please discuss this with your installer during your initial solar assessment.
- What are the financial benefits of solar energy?
Benefits differ by region but the most common is called net metering. Net metering allows you to offset your power needs by using the power you generate from your array instead of paying the utility. In addition, when you produce more than you are using, the utility will “store” the power on their grid until you need it later that day (when the sun has set). That is why it is referred to as net metering.
- What is net metering?
Net metering refers to the regulatory program where you can export your excess electricity to the grid temporarily until your demand exceeds your generation. Once demand exceeds generation, your home uses that stored electricity from the grid at no charge.
- Will I need to apply for any permits in order to install a solar system?
Your installer will handle all permitting issues related to installing your Silfab solar system.
- How long does the entire process take from start to finish?
From start to finish, the solar installation process will take anywhere from 2 to 6 months, most of it waiting for government incentives and permitting to be approved. The actual on-site installation only takes a couple of days with minimal inconvenience.
- What type of maintenance is involved with a solar system?
With very few moving parts, a solar system is relatively maintenance free. An occasional cleaning of panels will ensure optimal performance.
- How much will solar panel maintenance cost?
Solar panels have no moving parts or onerous maintenance requirements. A gentle cleaning once in a while is all that is necessary.
- Where can I buy Silfab Solar Panels?
Homeowners can purchase Silfab Solar panels through select installers who carry our premium solar panels. Please check our “How to Buy” link or click “Contact Us” so we can connect you to an installer near you.
- If I sell my home, how does a Silfab solar system affect the sale price?
Solar energy can be one of the best home improvement investments you make. Energy conservation and renewable generation is likely to add value to a home.
- How long will my Silfab solar panels last?
Silfab solar panels have a 25-year workmanship warranty and a 30-year performance warranty – longer than almost anything else you can buy.
- How do I clean my solar panels?
See installation manual for maintenance / A commercial glass cleaner, and soft toothed brush can be used as well as a hose.
- How do I transfer the warranty to a new home-owner?
It transfers automatically with the title of the house.
- How do I find out how much I pay for electricity?
Your utility bill will show you the total amount of electricity used, the kWh rate and then your total amount owing.
- Do my solar panels produce power when the sun isn’t shining?
Your panels will produce small amounts of energy at dawn and dusk from ambient light but once it is dark, no, your solar system will not produce power.
- Can I go off grid with solar panels?
Yes a solar array if properly designed can be used in an “off-grid” application. Contact your installation partner for details.
- What happens if there is snow on solar panels?
A thick coverage of snow usually blocks the incoming sunlight from reaching the panels and therefore their ability to convert light to electricity.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Energy of Our People is the Power Behind our TechnologyOur Solar Panels
Built on over 40+ years of solar experience, Silfab delivers premium quality, durable, top-performing solar panels trusted by American and Canadian homeowners and businesses.