Accessibility for Employees with Disability
Statement of Commitment
Silfab Solar Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
It is the policy of Silfab Solar Inc. to provide goods and services to persons with disabilities in a way that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity.
The definition of a Disability as applicable under the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disability Act may be found in the Ontario Human Rights Code. This is a condensed definition:
- Any degree of physical infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness.
- A condition of mental impairment or disorder, a developmental or learning dysfunction.
Examples: Epilepsy, paralysis, impaired vision or hearing, speech impediment, reliance on guide dog, wheel chair or other assistive devices.
Access to Goods and Services
It is however our policy to do our best to provide our services to disabled employees by:
- Providing access to the premises as far as possible by reasonable accommodation.
- Access to information in a format that accommodates a Disability as reasonable.
- Respecting the independence of disabled employees by allowing disabled employees to act.
- Respecting the dignity of disabled employees.
- Considering integration and equal opportunity of disabled employees.
It is the policy of Silfab Solar Inc. to allow disabled employees to be accompanied by a support person when accessing our goods and services.
Silfab Solar Inc. will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices on site or that we provide that to be used by employee(s) with disabilities while accessing our goods/ services.
Information and Communications
Silfab Solar Inc. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs. We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will take the required steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request. We will take the necessary steps to make all websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA.
Accessible Emergency Information
Silfab Solar Inc. is committed to providing the employees and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
It is Silfab Solar Inc.’s policy to allow service animals on the premises and in all situations where a disabled employee requires the service animal to access our goods and services. We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals.
Silfab Solar Inc.is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the necessary steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. Silfab Solar Inc. will take all the necessary steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability. We will take the required steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if we are using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
If any services to accommodate disabled employees are interrupted, Silfab Solar Inc. will post a notice in a conspicuous place.
Training for Employees
An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard for all.
- Silfab Solar Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities. What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing equipment or devices or goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Availability of Documents
All documents relating to the Customer Service Standard of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) will be made available upon request and in a format reasonably accommodating Disabilities. You may make a request in writing, by email or by telephone. Please address your request to [email protected] or call (905) 255-2501.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of Silfab Solar Inc. that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Silfab Solar Inc. will accept feedback from anyone who has any concern about the Accessibility Program. Feedback may be submitted in writing, by email, or by telephone to the HR. Please direct your feedback to [email protected] or call (905) 255-2501.